Get Flat 10% off. Use Code WF2023
We will send you a link to reset your password
Wallpaper with patterns and colour can be an interesting design element that subtly alters the atmosphere of living rooms. Additionally, wallpapers give interiors a creative edge while hiding wall flaws and ensuring a quick, simple, and hassle-free installation. However, people are considering wallcovering ideas that are more suited to contemporary decor.
Without further ado, let’s look at some trending yet affordable wall-covering ideas most appropriate for living rooms!
Affordable Wall Covering For Modern Interiors
It takes the least amount of time to quickly learn how to select the wallpaper for your home that is the best colour, design, and texture. Take these factors into account when selecting wallpaper for the interior walls of your home.
Choosing the Proper Color Matters
Pick the wallpaper's colour to complement the room's colour scheme, or highlight the wall with a contrasting hue.
Select wallpaper with neutral tones for a serene and tranquil space. Keep in mind that light colours reflect light and give the appearance of a bright, airy space, whereas dark colours absorb light and give the illusion that the space is smaller than it actually is.
Design Style is Important
Graphic patterns, damask patterns, metallic finishes, floral and botanical prints, and other patterns are all available in wallpaper.
- Choosing damask patterns is highly advised for a formal appearance.
- High-gloss metallic finish wallpapers can give the interiors an opulent appearance.
- Use textured wallpaper finishes, such as grasscloth wallpaper, to give the interior depth or a rustic appearance.
- Striking geometric and abstract patterns are ideal for a modern interior design.
- Patterned wallpaper gives the interiors a casual appearance. Try to coordinate it with the pattern on the rugs and upholstery in the space.
- Use plain wallpaper to create an opulent look.
- With the help of botanical prints, you can make your house feel like a tropical getaway.
Create An Optical Illusion
Optical illusion can be created by choosing horizontally striped wallpaper to make a tall space appear shorter, and vertically striped wallpaper to make the space appear taller. Make it a point to wallpaper rooms with low ceilings in gentle tones.
Additionally, the size and spacing of the various wallpaper patterns can alter how big or small a room appears.
Wallpaper can be strategically used to create a feature or accent wall in the best spaces.
Make Use Of Different Types Of Spaces
The ceiling also referred to as the fifth wall, serves as a blank canvas and is one of the best places to use wallpaper.
You can do the following to amp up these spaces -
- Use wallpapers to save yourself the hassle of repainting your home.
- Consider wallpaper for the remaining portion of the wall and wood panelling for the lower half.
Excel: One-Stop Destination for Trending Wallpapers
Make your personal style stand out by choosing trendy wallpapers with a diverse range of patterns and designs from Excel Wallcoverings. These are not only long-lasting but completely removable (easy to peel). In fact, it is ideal for homes, rental properties, and accent walls. Excel's versatility and range make them a cornerstone of wallcoverings in India. With 10,000+ unique designs and over 30+ collections to their name, Excel’s wallpaper designs before looking into other options in this segment.
Designer wallpapers can give a makeover to your room walls. Let’s look at some trending yet affordable wall-covering ideas, appropriate for living rooms.